Ask your law enforcement officials to sign onto our pledge to protect the first amendment
1. Find a law enforcement official in our Contact List:
Have corrections or suggestions for our contact list? Please let us know!
2. Email or call these officials, asking for agreement to this pledge (add your own greeting and sign-off):
I am contacting you as a local resident concerned for the safety of our community.
I am asking you to please sign onto the following agreement:
I recognize that the First Amendment of the United States Constitution states the following:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.
Therefore, I commit to:
1. Respect people’s First Amendment rights, including when they assemble, protest, and nonviolently seek redress of grievances.
2. Protect people who exercise their First Amendment rights from other people who may threaten or use violence against them.
3. Uphold my oath to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.
4. Protect eligible voters’ rights to vote safely and without intimidation.
5. Neither issue nor follow unconstitutional or unlawful orders.
If you agree to the above, please visit https://www.holdthelinehv.com/#comp-kgu69f95 and fill out the form provided.